I love stuffed peppers and this is the perfect soup for when I am craving them, but I do not have a lot of time.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 -3 medium green bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1 quart water, plus
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- In large pot, heat olive oil and garlic and brown ground chuck thoroughly.
- Add other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.