Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love stuffed peppers and this is the perfect soup for when I am craving them, but I do not have a lot of time.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 -3 medium green bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1 quart water, plus
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon brown sugar
- In large pot, heat olive oil and garlic and brown ground chuck thoroughly.
- Add other ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Very hearty soup. I added one onion and used four peppers. I used 32 ounce can crushed tomatoes. Since I used whole grain brown rice I had to add extra water and cook longer. So good on an 18 degree day!
Liked the soup! Added a few extra items,1 chopped onion,2 can chopped tomatoes,and 1 yellow & 1 red pepper. Great taste & color.