1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Ruby Janzen's Note:
I learned to make stuffed vegetables from my Turkish landlady in Ankara and over the years have made modifications such as in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups uncooked Minute Rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup currants
- 10 large green peppers (a mix is pretty) or 10 large red peppers (a mix is pretty) or 10 large yellow peppers (a mix is pretty)
- 1Mix all filling ingredients well and stuff the peppers.
- 2Place in large baking dish (can also be done in electric skillet or on stove top).
- 3Mix sauce ingredients and pour small amount over each pepper and rest in bottom of dish or pan.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees, covered, for about 1-1/2 hours.
- 5Pass the sauce at the table.
- 6I usually slice the peppers in half lenghtwise on a platter to serve and garnish with parsley or whatever.
- 7NOTE: I usually double the sauce to go with any leftovers.
- 8Also, if there is leftover meat mixture after stuffing peppers, I make into large meatballs and place in dish with peppers- this is great for people that don't care for the peppers.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers My Way
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.8
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 107.4 mg
- Sodium 258.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 22.7 g