Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A family favorite. A great dish to freeze!
Make and share this Stuffed Bell Peppers in Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Chop off the top of each pepper. Core out that green pepper taking out as many seeds and veins as possible. The peppers should look like a cup.
- Mix together the beef, onion, water, rice, salt & pepper.
- Fill each pepper being careful not to press the stuffing down too much (the rice will expand as it cooks).
- Place the peppers, stuffed side up, in a pot. Fill the pot with enough water to come halfway up the side of the peppers.
- Cook on low for 90 minutes until the stuffing is cooked through.
- Drain the water, reserving the liquid.
- Mix the tomato soup, evaporated milk, and sugar. Add enough of the reserved liquid to make the soup the correct consistency.
- Warm and add the peppers. Enjoy!