2 hrs 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
A family favorite. A great dish to freeze!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop off the top of each pepper. Core out that green pepper taking out as many seeds and veins as possible. The peppers should look like a cup.
- 2Mix together the beef, onion, water, rice, salt & pepper.
- 3Fill each pepper being careful not to press the stuffing down too much (the rice will expand as it cooks).
- 4Place the peppers, stuffed side up, in a pot. Fill the pot with enough water to come halfway up the side of the peppers.
- 5Cook on low for 90 minutes until the stuffing is cooked through.
- 6Drain the water, reserving the liquid.
- 7Mix the tomato soup, evaporated milk, and sugar. Add enough of the reserved liquid to make the soup the correct consistency.
- 8Warm and add the peppers. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers in Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.8
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.5 mg
- Sodium 676.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 23.9 g