Recipe by PBShakes
I doctored this magazine clipped recipe for my taste buds. One serving filled me up but my fiance liked it so much he went back for seconds and continues raving about it. Nice and healthy. Next time I am going to substitute brown rice for the boca for a new twist.
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 11 ounces corn, drained
- 1 cup soy crumbles, like Boca
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces rotel, tomatoes and green chiles
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F Place bell pepper halves, cut side down, in microwave safe container. Pour 1/2 cup water into container, cover and microwave for 6 minutes. Remove from microwave, keep covered 5 more minutes.
- In greased skillet saute onion until clear. Add Jalapeno and saute 3 more minutes. Add beans, corn, Soy crumbles, chili powder and 3/4 cup enchilada sauce. Cook 6 minutes.
- Stuff peppers with filling. Place 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in 9" pie plate, top with peppers and remaining sauce. Cover, bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 3 minutes more.