I doctored this magazine clipped recipe for my taste buds. One serving filled me up but my fiance liked it so much he went back for seconds and continues raving about it. Nice and healthy. Next time I am going to substitute brown rice for the boca for a new twist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and halved
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 11 ounces corn, drained
- 1 cup soy crumbles, like Boca
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/4 cups enchilada sauce
- 10 ounces rotel, tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1Heat oven to 450°F Place bell pepper halves, cut side down, in microwave safe container. Pour 1/2 cup water into container, cover and microwave for 6 minutes. Remove from microwave, keep covered 5 more minutes.
- 2In greased skillet saute onion until clear. Add Jalapeno and saute 3 more minutes. Add beans, corn, Soy crumbles, chili powder and 3/4 cup enchilada sauce. Cook 6 minutes.
- 3Stuff peppers with filling. Place 1/4 cup enchilada sauce in 9" pie plate, top with peppers and remaining sauce. Cover, bake 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 3 minutes more.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers Enchiladas - Vegetarian
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.0
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 635.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 22.5 g