Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this to have a lazy way to enjoy the flavor of stuffed bell peppers.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 medium bell peppers, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup instant rice
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes, petite cut
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Brown meat and onion in skillet; drain.
- Stir in rice, salt, garlic salt, bouillon, water, cheese and diced tomatoes; heat through.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray and line with peppers.
- Pour meat mixture over peppers.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
"Excellent" I have made this at least six times since my daughter gave me the recipe. My family kept asking for stuffed peppers since our family grows peppers but I did not want to mess with all the steps. They love this and keep asking for it again. This summer, just remember to freeze a bunch of peppers and you can enjoy it all year!
SOOO GOOD!!! Tastes just like stuff peppers without all the work!! Will defintally make again..and again....and again!! Thank you so much!
This was good but not something I would make again. My family didn't think it had enough peppers in it and hubby also thought it had too much rice. I followed the recipe as written other then I added about a cup of mozzarella- 1/2 cup in the recipe and 1/2 cup sprinkled on top.