Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe for Stuffed Bell Peppers that someone gave me. It's great!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked MINUTE rice
- 2 medium green bell peppers
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 8 tablespoons honey
- Prepare Minute white rice, fluff, cover and set aside.
- Dice sweet onion, add to large non-stick saute/frying pan with lean ground beef. Sauté beef and onion until beef is browned. Drain fat, add 2 1/2 cups of Jasmine white rice to browned beef and diced sweet onion; mix.
- Cut green bell peppers in half, remove caps and seeds; rinse. Pour 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce into measuring cup and add 4 heaping tablespoons of honey and blend. Pour tomato sauce mixture over beef and rice; mix.
- Add second 15 oz. can of tomato sauce to measuring cup and add 4 heaping tablespoons honey; blend.
- Add beef and rice mixture to green bell pepper halves. Arrange in glass casserole dish.
- Pour tomato sauce mixture over and around stuffed bell peppers.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour. Serve with a crisp cool salad.