If you have a bumper-crop of peppers from your garden, you may want to give this one a try!
Make and share this Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (you can use dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sweet basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and core the peppers; remove seeds; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in skillet.
- Add crushed tomatoes, garlic and basil.
- Once mixture begins to bubble, cook low and simmer 5-7 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together ground beef, cooked rice, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Stuff each pepper with the meat mixture.
- Place peppers in a roaster which has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour cooked tomato sauce over peppers.
- Cover and bake 45-50 minutes, or until peppers are crisp/tender.