1/2 Photos of Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 15 mins
If you have a bumper-crop of peppers from your garden, you may want to give this one a try!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium green peppers
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (you can use dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh sweet basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Wash and core the peppers; remove seeds; set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil in skillet.
- 4Add crushed tomatoes, garlic and basil.
- 5Once mixture begins to bubble, cook low and simmer 5-7 minutes.
- 6In the meantime, mix together ground beef, cooked rice, egg, breadcrumbs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 7Stuff each pepper with the meat mixture.
- 8Place peppers in a roaster which has been coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- 9Pour cooked tomato sauce over peppers.
- 10Cover and bake 45-50 minutes, or until peppers are crisp/tender.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.9
- Calories from Fat 208
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 108.1 mg
- Sodium 492.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 26.4 g