Posted on request by Di Neal. Nice presentation and pretty easy too!
Make and share this Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- Combine rice and water in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205C) Cut tops off peppers, seed insides, and arrange peppers in a large baking dish.
- Chop usable portion of the tops.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Brown ground beef in skillet.
- Stir in chopped peppers and onions in oil until soft.
- Add parsley.
- Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Mix in cooked rice and 1 1/5 cups tomato sauce.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers, and top each with remaining tomato sauce.
- Cover, and bake about 45 minutes.
- Uncover, top each pepper with mozzarella cheese, and bake until cheese is melted.