1/2 Photos of Stuffed Bell Peppers
Theresa P's Note:
This is a nice stuffed pepper dish that came from a friend from the past. I like this because the meat in this does not turn into a HARD meatball. Pre-cooking it first and then mixing it with the cooked rice is the secret!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove tops and seeds from peppers; parboil peppers for 5 minutes and drain.
- 2Place peppers in a baking dish.
- 3Combine ground beef and onion and cook together until done.
- 4Drain and set aside.
- 5Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions.
- 6When rice is done,combine it with the beef and onion.
- 7Fill peppers with rice mixture.
- 8Mix the 1 teaspoons sugar with the tomato sauce and pour this AROUND the peppers (not over).
- 9Cover the baking dish.
- 10Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes and then uncover and top with the shredded cheese.
- 11Bake uncovered for about 5 minutes more to melt cheese.
- 12Serve with the tomato sauce.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.9
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 71.1 mg
- Sodium 573.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Spanish rice mix