This is a nice stuffed pepper dish that came from a friend from the past. I like this because the meat in this does not turn into a HARD meatball. Pre-cooking it first and then mixing it with the cooked rice is the secret!
- Remove tops and seeds from peppers; parboil peppers for 5 minutes and drain.
- Place peppers in a baking dish.
- Combine ground beef and onion and cook together until done.
- Drain and set aside.
- Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to package directions.
- When rice is done,combine it with the beef and onion.
- Fill peppers with rice mixture.
- Mix the 1 teaspoons sugar with the tomato sauce and pour this AROUND the peppers (not over).
- Cover the baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes and then uncover and top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for about 5 minutes more to melt cheese.
- Serve with the tomato sauce.