Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe was submitted by Aravinda Ramakrishnan and won 50 US dollars in the current contest going on in this week's Thursday magazine. Can't wait to give this a try, looks so good, almost makes you want to go inside the magazine :)
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, boiled
- ginger-garlic and green chili paste, as required
- 2 tomatoes, blanched
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- ghee (for frying)
- oil (for frying)
Ingredients for stuffing
- 6 medium bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup panir (tofu)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 potatoes, boiled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup small florets cauliflower
- 4 green chilies, chopped
- garam masala powder, as required
- Method for preparing the gravy: Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped onions, ginger-garlic and green chilli paste and fry till onions turn transparent.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- Fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add salt to this.
- Blend the fried onions, boiled carrots and blanched tomatoes to a smooth paste.
- Method for preparing the stuffing: Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the fry chopped onions and chopped green chillies till onions turn golden brown.
- Then add the grated carrot, corn kernels, cauliflower florets and toss till vegetables are done.
- Cool the mixture and add the grated potatoes, paneer, salt and mix all together to form the filling.
- Gently cut the stalk of all the bell peppers' and remove seeds, make sure you retain the stalks.
- Fill the bell peppers' with stuffing and seal with stalks.
- Heat oil in a pan and lightly fry the stuffed bell peppers'.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the ground paste till the oil comes out.
- Gently place the stuffed bell peppers' in the gravy, heat for 2 minutes, garnish with chopped corriander leaves.
- Serve with naan or rotis!