Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This recipe was submitted by Aravinda Ramakrishnan and won 50 US dollars in the current contest going on in this week's Thursday magazine. Can't wait to give this a try, looks so good, almost makes you want to go inside the magazine :)
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, boiled
- ginger-garlic and green chili paste, as required
- 2 tomatoes, blanched
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- ghee (for frying)
- oil (for frying)
Ingredients for stuffing
- 6 medium bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup panir (tofu)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 potatoes, boiled and grated
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1⁄2 cup small florets cauliflower
- 4 green chilies, chopped
- garam masala powder, as required
Directions See How It's Made
- Method for preparing the gravy: Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped onions, ginger-garlic and green chilli paste and fry till onions turn transparent.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- Fry for 2 more minutes.
- Add salt to this.
- Blend the fried onions, boiled carrots and blanched tomatoes to a smooth paste.
- Method for preparing the stuffing: Heat oil in a pan.
- Add the fry chopped onions and chopped green chillies till onions turn golden brown.
- Then add the grated carrot, corn kernels, cauliflower florets and toss till vegetables are done.
- Cool the mixture and add the grated potatoes, paneer, salt and mix all together to form the filling.
- Gently cut the stalk of all the bell peppers' and remove seeds, make sure you retain the stalks.
- Fill the bell peppers' with stuffing and seal with stalks.
- Heat oil in a pan and lightly fry the stuffed bell peppers'.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the ground paste till the oil comes out.
- Gently place the stuffed bell peppers' in the gravy, heat for 2 minutes, garnish with chopped corriander leaves.
- Serve with naan or rotis!