1/4 Photos of Stuffed Bell Peppers
Lavender Lynn's Note:
I have been making this recipe for 25 years but I have never written it down. I got the recipe from my best friends mother in law. I religiously made it exactly as she had given it to me. I ran into her a few years ago and told her how I had made her recipe all these years. She told me she never puts the same ingredients in twice. She just uses what she has on hand. LOL.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 7 slices bacon, cut into small pcs
- 1/2 cup onion, diced finely
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 slice bread, torn into small pcs
- 3 green bell peppers, medium-large sized
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Put hamburger, bacon, onion, and garlic in a skillet.
- 2Cook until hamburger is brown, drain grease.
- 3Add seasoned salt, chili powder, bread pcs and tomato sauce.
- 4Mix thoroughly.
- 5Cut green peppers in 1/2, cleaning out seeds and membrane.
- 6Parboil pepper halves in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- 7Put into 13 x 9 pan.
- 8Fill pepper halved with beef mixture.
- 9Put 2 T cheese on top of each pepper half.
- 10Bake in 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 411.6
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.4 mg
- Sodium 669.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 32.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: