1/3 Photos of Stuffed Bell Peppers
Misplaced Texan's Note:
I compiled this recipe the other night after finding 3 recipes that I liked. None had exactly what I was looking for so I combined the 3 and this is what I got. I had to add the 3rd can of sauce because I like to spoon a little over the top of my peppers when they are done.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 medium green bell peppers
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (optional)
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese, if desired
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Cut tops off the peppers and scrape out the insides; making sure to get all of the seeds.
- 3Once cleaned out, place peppers in a casserole dish.
- 4If need be, cut a little off the bottoms to even out the peppers so they stand straight up.
- 5Brown beef with chopped onions.
- 6Drain off excess fat.
- 7Add tomatoes, 2 cans of the tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce; salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Bring to a boil and stir in uncooked instant rice; cover, remove from heat and allow to stand 3-5 minutes.
- 9Stir meat mixture and spoon it into the peppers.
- 10*Optional-Pour remaining can of tomato sauce around the bottom of the baking dish.
- 11You can add a little bit of water to thin it out, if you desire.
- 12If not using remaining can of sauce, be sure to add 3-4 tbsp.
- 13of hot water to bottom of baking dish.
- 14Cover baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- 15Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese and bake for a few more minutes to allow the cheese to melt.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.9
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 769.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 29.4 g