Recipe by Green Cuisine
A simple stuffed pepper recipe that my mom made when I was growing up. I've made a couple of changes to it, but both the original recipe taste great as well. I use brown rice instead of white, homemade whole wheat breadcrumbs instead of store bought and I add 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup raw brown rice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3 bell peppers
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, except for tomato sauce and green peppers.
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove stem and and seeds and rinse.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture and place in a casserole dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over peppers.
- Add 8 ounces of water to bottom of dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or a little longer if using brown rice.