Recipe by G.I. Joe Girl
The flavor of this dish is subtle. If you like very robust flavors, this is probably going to taste bland. I normally like very robust dishes, but this is my favorite way to eat stuffed bell peppers. I think it is really delicious!
- 3 large bell peppers
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup marsala
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup marsala
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Blanche the peppers in boiling water.
- Move peppers to a baking dish.
- On low-med heat fry your beef slowly with the onions, 1/4 cup marsala, and 1/4 cup water.
- When the meat is still slightly pink drain it and put it back in the pan. Add the rest of the marsala, the tomato paste, and the seasonings.
- Mix all together over low heat until the tomato paste is mixed well into the meat.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Stuff peppers with filling.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Tip: Use the boiling water from the peppers to make your rice.