Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
easy and fast and delicious
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons instant minced onion
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1⁄2 cup Minute Rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups 2% cheddar cheese
- Split green peppers in half lengthwise.
- Remove seeds and stems; wash peppers, drop into a large pot of boiling salted water.
- Turn off heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Drain and arrange peppers in casserole dish.
- Re-hydrate onions in water.
- Mix with ground turkey, rice, salt and 1 can of tomato sauce.
- Fill peppers with meat mixture.
- Combine 1 can tomato sauce with hot water and wine.
- Pour over stuffed peppers.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Baste every 10 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with shredded cheese and continue cooking baking for 20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
I made this with italian flavored ground turkey. BTW, I hate ground turkey and this was wonderful. I couldn't tell the difference. Great recipe and easy.