1/3 Photos of Stuffed Bell Peppers
2 hrs 20 mins
Chef Wayne in Parker, Colorado's Note:
A little comfort food from Colorado. A great recipe. Try it you will like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 medium white onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, dried
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 eggs
- 20 saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1Prepare rice per instuction on box. Let cool.
- 2Prepare bell peppers by cutting the top off. Remove seeds and discard.
- 3Combine all ingredients. Mix well in a large bowl. Use only 2 1/2 cups of spaghetti sauce.
- 4Fill each bell pepper.
- 5If you have any left over mixture, roll into meat balls and place into a large glass pan or roaster. Add each bell pepper open side up.
- 6Cover and cook in a 350 deg. oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Remove cover check doneness and pour remaining spaghetti sauce on bell peppers and meat balls. Place back in oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- 8Let stand 5 minute before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1066.2
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 312.8 mg
- Sodium 2246.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 40.4 g
- Protein 58.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: