A little comfort food from Colorado. A great recipe. Try it you will like it.
Make and share this Stuffed Bell Peppers recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 6 green bell peppers
- 1 medium white onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon parsley, dried
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning, dried
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 3 eggs
- 20 saltine crackers, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- Prepare rice per instuction on box. Let cool.
- Prepare bell peppers by cutting the top off. Remove seeds and discard.
- Combine all ingredients. Mix well in a large bowl. Use only 2 1/2 cups of spaghetti sauce.
- Fill each bell pepper.
- If you have any left over mixture, roll into meat balls and place into a large glass pan or roaster. Add each bell pepper open side up.
- Cover and cook in a 350 deg. oven for 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove cover check doneness and pour remaining spaghetti sauce on bell peppers and meat balls. Place back in oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minute before serving.
Made as directed, other than the addition of salt and pepper. Adjusted for two servings. Loved having the extra meatballs also. Made for PAC2009
The whole family enjoyed this recipe. Very delicious.
Good basic stuffed bell pepper recipe. Glad to see you use a lot of sauce! I dislike it intensely when they are dry! Wouldn't mind serving this anytime. Thnx for posting, Chef Wayne. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.