Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Basic stuffed pepper, but very good! Courtesy of Karen Bressler.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup raw rice
- 1 cup water
- Brown hamburger with onion and salt and pepper.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients except the peppers and simmer until rice is tender.
- Cut off tops and pull out seeds of the green peppers.
- Place peppers in a pan of water and boil until tender.
- Drain and cool.
- Fill peppers with hamburger mixture.
- Top with ketchup.
- Bake at 375 F for 45 minutes and enjoy!