- 4 large green peppers
- 8 ounces ground turkey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- fill large pot with water and bring to boil.
- cut stems off of green peppers and remove seeds.
- place in boiling water.
- In large skillet cook turkey and onions, approx 10 minutes.
- add rice, tomatoes, tomato paste, worcesteshire sauce, basil, salt and pepper, simmer 10 minutes.
- remove green peppers from water and place in deep baking dish, spoon turkey mixture into each pepper until full, top with cheddar cheese, bake 10 to 15 minutes at 375 degrees until cheese is melted.