Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a simple comfort food recipe. One pepper is enough to fill up even my husband, who is a BIG eater...
- 4 large bell peppers
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 ounces rice, I use Success 10 minutes brown rice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cook the rice about half way, so that its soft on the outside but still hard inside. Allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, rice, onion, about 4 oz tomato sauce, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Cut the top and seeds out of the peppers and wash with cool water.
- In a deep pan, pour about 4 oz of the tomato sauce. Stuff the prepared peppers with the meat mixture and place, top up, in the baking pan. Pour the last 8 oz tomato sauce over the peppers.
- Bake about 1 hours, or until the pepper look wilted and the top of the meat and tomato sauce is browned.
- Cool and serve!
It was tasty:) I added 1 cup of cheddar cheese to the meat mixture:)