- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup rice, cooked
- 1 (19 ounce) canhearty tomato soup
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 4 1⁄2 ounces chopped green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 5 large bell peppers, cut lengthwise, seeds and stems removed
- 5 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, cook ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Add rice, tomato soup, tomato paste, chiles.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Fill pepper halves with mixture and arrange full peppers in same skillet with water. Cover with lid or foil and cook over medium heat 20-25 minutes or until peppers are tender. Top peppers with remaining cheese during the last 2 minutes of cooking.