I know there are tons of stuffed bell peppers recipes already posted -- but I didn't see this one. Some of the members of my family don't actually eat the bell pepper (for others, that's the best part) -- but EVERYONE loves the stuffing! Sometimes I'll double the stuffing part and if I don't have enough peppers, I just put it in a little casserole dish and watch everyone fight for it. If you are looking for a stuffed bell recipe, I hope you'll try this one.
- Core and clean peppers and cook in hot water for approximately 5 minutes. Remove from water, stand upside down and drain.
- Sprinkle inside with salt.
- Brown beef and onions in hot oil. Add tomatoes, rice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese and stir until almost melted.
- Stuff peppers and top with additional cheese.
- Bake approximately 25 minutes in 350 oven.
- Note: I usually add about 1/4 cup water to the baking dish just prior to put it in the oven. Also, if you think the whole pepper is to large, you can cut it in half and stuff them that way.
- Note #2: My grandson doesn't like to find a "chunk" of tomato in his pepper -- so if he's going to be around for the meal (his favorite one), I'll put the stewed tomatoes in my food processor and give them a couple whirls just to break up any large pieces of tomato.