Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a simple stuffed pepper recipe. I don't remember where I got it, but everybody loves it.
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut tops off of peppers. Remove seeds. Boil until they just begin to soften. Drain.
- While peppers are cooking brown ground beef with onions in skillet. Drain.
- Add cooked rice and 3/4 can of tomato sauce. Mix well.
- Stuff peppers with beef and rice mixture. Place in square baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Great simple recipe, thanks! I used soy meat and fake chedder also halfed the recipe. I tasted the rice mixture before stuffing the peppers tho and realized they weren't like my mom's were... Then remembered hers were mexican spiced... so I just added a tablespoon of hot salsa and bit of cayanne lol. They cooked up perfect at 25mins :)
This is a very tasty recipe...just like my mother used to make it!! Easy! Love it.