Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from "Green Hills Garden Club Cooks...Favorite Recipes from Vicksburg, MS" (Milloree Cronin). Excellent recipe for stuffed peppers. Delicious!
- 6 large bell peppers
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 (20 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Cut tops off bell peppers and remove seeds.
- Brown meat in skillet with onions and garlic; drain oil.
- Add tomatoes that have been mashed.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Add rice and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheddar cheese, stirring until melted and well blended.
- Stuff mixture into peppers.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until hot.
Very good! Next time I will add a little soy sauce for flavor. Thanks!