- 2 large red peppers (capsicum)
- 1⁄2 cup short-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- Cut peppers in half lengthways, and remove all the seeds and white membrane.
- Cook the rice in large pan of boiling water until tender (about 12 minutes) Drain well and set aside in a mixing bowl to cool.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook onion until soft.
- Add garlic and cook one more minute.
- Add onion and garlic to the rice, along with all the remaining ingredients.
- Mix everything together well, and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the rice mixture into the pepper shells, and place them on an oven tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers are soft and the filling is brown on top.
- (Can be made with other coloured peppers).