1/7 Photos of Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 5 mins
Nice served as a lunch dish or as a vegetable with a dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large red peppers (capsicum)
- 1/2 cup short-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 180C degrees.
- 2Cut peppers in half lengthways, and remove all the seeds and white membrane.
- 3Cook the rice in large pan of boiling water until tender (about 12 minutes) Drain well and set aside in a mixing bowl to cool.
- 4Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook onion until soft.
- 5Add garlic and cook one more minute.
- 6Add onion and garlic to the rice, along with all the remaining ingredients.
- 7Mix everything together well, and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Spoon the rice mixture into the pepper shells, and place them on an oven tray.
- 9Bake for 30 minutes or until the peppers are soft and the filling is brown on top.
- 10(Can be made with other coloured peppers).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.8
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 277.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 12.6 g