Recipe by PCrocker
Comfort food at its best. I like to use fresh peppers right out of my garden.
Top Review by Nrod13
Sorry ladies but I have to laugh at some of the comments here.... Who doesn't know not to cook the ground beef BEFORE putting it in the pepper?! I mean it's like preparing meatballs and just throwing them in the sauce before slightly cooking them.... Rice should always be boiled for 20-25 min before putting it in the peppers....sorry it didn't work for you ladies...just a heads up, I usually use butter in a pan let it melt and throw in the chopped onions and let them sizzle up..after that I then throw in the ground beef and mix it together until brown (being puerto rican I use ADOBO to season the meat, just a few sprinkles makes the meat delicious)-don't forget to dump the excess fat if using ground beef instead of ground round. Just my opinion on how to season the meat before putting it in the pepper....happy cooking!! : )
- 6 green peppers
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove tops from peppers; wash and seed.
- Pour 1 can of tomato sauce and 1/2 cup of water in bottom of 2 quart casserole dish; set aside.
- In bowl combine 1 can tomato sauce, 1 cup water, rice, salt, pepper, onion, and beef, mix well.
- Spoon mixture into peppers and place in pan.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour or until rice is tender.
- Baste occasionally with tomato sauce in bottom of pan.