Recipe by bmcnichol
I love stuffed peppers but hate all the work. This is a stew that takes like stuffed peppers. We love this stew!
Top Review by Kim127
Nice filling soup! I was able to use 4 small green peppers from our garden to make this. I only had one can of tomato sauce so I added a small can of tomato paste and one small can of water. Also instead of canned diced tomatoes I uesed about 1 1/2 cups of fresh diced tomatoes. Great topped with the mozzarella cheese.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- finely shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven brown beef and drain off fat.
- Add the peppers to the browned meat and sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Cook rice following instructions on box.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients accept the rice. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 to 45 minutes. Stir in rice and heat through.
- Pour into bowls and top with mozzarella cheese if desired.