1/1 Photo of Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
They serve this in the cafeteria at work and it is the most requested. It is a very hearty and yet low-calorie meal. This recipe makes 8 cups so is great for OAMC, make ahead of time and serve over fresh rice. 1 cup of soup is about 150 calories and 1 cup of rice is approx 200 depending on the type. We usually use a wild rice blend.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown ground beef until fully cooked.
- 2Drain fat from beef and set aside, do not discard the fat.
- 3Saute the vegetables in the same pan.
- 4Add water or broth, beef base, ground beef and rendered fat, let simmer for at least 15 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 5The longer this soup simmers the better the flavor. Stir in desired amount of rice.
- 6For OAMC cooking divide soup into 2 cup containers and freeze without adding the rice. When ready to serve thaw and heat soup and serve with fresh rice. (You can probably freeze this with the rice in it just fine we just usually prefer to make the rice fresh.).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.0
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 56.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 11.7 g