Recipe by Lainey39
This is a really good and easy alternative to traditional stuffed peppers. The addition of stuffing is good although you can make it without. I got this recipe from the Campbell's web site.
- 2 1⁄2 cups pepperidge farm herb seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, cut up (I use 2 cans)
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 medium green peppers, cut lengthwise into quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1/4 cup stuffing and butter. Set aside.
- Cook beef and onion in skillet over medium-high heat until browned. Pour off fat.
- Add tomatoes and corn.
- Add remaining stuffing. Mix lightly.
- Arrange peppers in 2-quart shallow baking dish. Spoon beef mixture over peppers.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes or until peppers are tender. Sprinkle with reserved stuffing mixture. Bake 5 minutes or until golden.