Recipe by Dancer^
A nice appetizer to have before a heavy meal, I love making these in the summer as a side for a none cooked meal.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large firm pear, peeled, seeded
- 4 ounces goat cheese (room temperature)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted walnut halves
- 4 Belgian endive
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice peeled pear into very small chunks.
- Sauté in butter over high heat until it begins to brown and caramelize.
- Cool in refrigerator.
- Mix goat cheese and cream cheese in a mixer or food processor until well blended.
- Add the cooled pear and mix for a few seconds.
- Cut the ends off of the endives and pull off the largest leaves to stuff, reserving the rest for other uses.
- Place filling into each leaf and top with half of a walnut half.
- Filling may be made a day ahead of time, but assembly should be done at the last minute.