Very tasty and pretty. The rice turns a pretty red, like the beets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, combine the uncooked rice, shallots, and spices (including salt and pepper to taste); mix well and set aside.
- 2Use a knife to remove the core and create a hollow for the rice mixture (do not toss the core, it will be used to top the rice).
- 3Place a spoonful of the rice mixture into each beet and top with the cored portion (don't overstuff, the rice will grow as it cooks).
- 4Coat a saucepan with oil and place each beet into it, so that they are touching and holding each other upright.
- 5Cover with water and season with salt; heat over medium heat and cover once it starts to boil.
- 6Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Beets
Serving Size: 1 (104 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.8
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 63.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 5.5 g