Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An interesting twist on the usual stuffed green pepper...just DONT use frozen bell pepper, use FRESH...Serve with a nice tossed salad to round out the meal!
- 4 large green bell peppers, hollowed out
- 1⁄4 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I like 1 tbsp. of the jarred variety for real garlicky flavour!)
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans macaroni, with beef (Chef Boyardee Beefaroni)
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-sodium tomatoes, cut up
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (4 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded (part skim mozzarella is also nice!)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place hollowed out green peppers in a pot of boiling water, completely covering them, and cook 5 min; drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the oil; Add the Beefaroni, tomatoes and oregano and simmer on low for 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Stuff the peppers with the beefaroni mixture and place the peppers in a square baking dish.
- Top the peppers with the mozzarella cheese and bake in the preheated 400°F oven for 15 minute.
- Variation: Any other part-skim shredded cheese would be flavourful, too!
These were okay for me, but my family DID NOT enjoy these. Their explanation was that " you don't mess with beefaroni". I used frozen bell peppers, which are not good to stuff. Mine laid down and would not stand- made for BB Tag.