Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Chipotle Demi-Glace
- Combine shallots, garlic, and red wine in a saucepot over medium-high heat.
- Reduce by 2/3, add beef stock, and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and add roux a little at a time, cooking to the desired thickness.
- Make a small pocket in the side of each filet.
- Dice poblanos and mix with grated cheese.
- Fill pocket heavily, then pinch the side of the filet closed.
- Cook on grill to the desired temperature, 4 to 5 minutes for rare to medium-rare, 7 to 9 minutes for medium, 10 minutes or more for medium to well-done.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.