Recipe by Anna T
A wonderful, elegant meal! Great for a holiday meal also. This is worth the expense!
- 1 beef tenderloin
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup cognac or 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate beef in white wine overnight.
- Melt butter and add cognac& seasonings.
- Add onion slices, stir and simmer.
- Add mushrooms and cook 4 minutes.
- Liquid should be reduced by 1/2.
- Remove meat, cut pocket along side and stuff with mushroom mixture, and tie with string.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 30 minutes for medium rare/rare, according to weight of meat.
- (I like mine a little more well done that this. but its up to your personal preference).