Recipe by Georgia Girl
This is for people that you really , really love and/or that you want to really, really love you!!! It is excellent. I have on occasion added about 1/2 cup blue cheese to the stuffing, or used my shrimp and crab stuffing in place of this recipe. Whatever you put into it, it is totally wonderful.
- 3 lbs beef tenderloin
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons kikkoman teriyaki sauce
- 4 slices thick sliced bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the beef tenderloin out of the refrigerator an hour before cooking.
- Saute the onion, celery, mushrooms and garlic in the butter on low heat until onions and celery are clear and soft.
- Place the bread crumbs in a bowl and add the salt, pepper, basil,parsley flakes and teriyaki sauce.
- Add the onion-celery mixture to the bread crumbs, and lightly toss until well blended.
- Make a lengthwise cut all the way down the tenderloin that goes 3/4 way through the tenderloin to make a pocket for the stuffing.
- Lightly place the stuffing into the pocket and close the pocket securely with toothpicks.
- Place the bacon slices on top of the tenderloin.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour for a medium-rare tenderloin.