1 hr 15 mins
Saw this in Paula Deen's magazine "Cooking with Paula" and it looked scumptious, that I posted it for safekeeping. I, also, took the liberty of changing things a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Butterfly the beef tenderloin down the center by cutting the beef lengthwise down the center to within 1/2" of other side. (Or have your butcher do it for you).
- 3In a medium skillet melt butter or margarine and cook shallots or onion until tender.
- 4Add mushrooms and wine and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 5Now, add garlic powder and parsley.
- 6Make sure it is well incorporated.
- 7To stuff and roll the tenderloin open the beef and flatten with a meat mallet.
- 8Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Spoon mushroom mixture down the center of the tenderloin.
- 10Bring the two sides of the tenderloin up around filling to meet.
- 11Use butcher string and tie around the roll at 1" intervals.
- 12Place roll in roasting pan.
- 13Bake for 45 minutes for medium rare.
- 14Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Beef Tenderloin
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 555.8
- Calories from Fat 336
- Total Fat 37.4 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 153.8 mg
- Sodium 125.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 44.2 g