1 hr 40 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large red bell peppers, preferably with stems
- 3/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup jarred old el paso cheese and salsa dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 1Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, leaving the stems and halving them also.
- 2Remove the seeds and ribs.
- 3Saute the beef and pork, the onion, garlic, 1 teaspoon of the bouillon granules, and the salt together, crumbling well, until the onion is transparent.
- 4Drain off the fat.
- 5Add the rice, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes, green onions and soy sauce.
- 6Mix well.
- 7Stuff this mixture into peppers.
- 8Mix the hot water and the remaining 1 tsp bouillon granules.
- 9Pour this into a shallow casserole large enough to hold all the peppers.
- 10Place the stuffed peppers in the dish.
- 11(The water in the dish allows the peppers to steam while retaining some of their crispness).
- 12Cover the casserole with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
- 13Remove the foil and spoon a little juice over the peppers; bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Beef & Pork Red Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.9 mg
- Sodium 548.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cheese and salsa dip