Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from cooks.com. I made it & it was delicious! You must be careful not to overcook the ribeye because it can become dry. It makes a pretty dish if you garnish it before serving.
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 4 slices rib eye steaks, each about 1/4 lb
- 4 slices prosciutto ham
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, peeled and sliced
- 6 tablespoons marsala
- 6 -8 tablespoons beef stock or 6 -8 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1 3⁄4 cups skinned and chopped tomatoes (or a 10 oz. can of diced tomatoes)
- Put the garlic, parsley, basil and cheese in a bowl and stir well to mix. Beat the beef slices with a mallet to flatten. Place a slice of ham on each, then top with the cheese and herb mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Roll the meat around the stuffing, then tie securely with string.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. Add the onions and fry gently for 5 minutes. Add the meat rolls and fry until browned on all sides, then add the Marsala, stock, tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat, cover the skillet and cook gently for about 15 minutes or until the meat is tender. Turn the meat during cooking and add more stock to moisten if necessary.
- Remove the meat form the skillet and untie the string. Arrange on a warmed serving plate and pour over the cooking juices. Serve immediately.