Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My family grows banana peppers every year. We always wonder what to do with all the peppers. One great option is to make stuffed banana peppers. This recipe uses chicken and saffron yellow rice as the primary stuffing. It's always a hit at my house. I bet your family will love them too!
- • Season chicken breast with salt & Mrs. Dash and place in crock pot with 1 cup of water and cook on low for about 4 hours (you can also simmer in a pot with water for a quicker cooking method, the goal is to cook the chicken breast so it will easily shred). Allow chicken to cool for 15 minutes before shredding.
- • Pre-heat Oven to 400 degrees.
- • Prepare Saffron Yellow Rice according to package directions (my personal favorite is Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice).
- • Wash & seed the banana peppers.
- • Make a slit down the center of the peppers so you can stuff them.
- • Coat the banana peppers with 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, salt & Mrs. Dash. Place in baking dish.
- • Shred chicken breast in large mixing bowl.
- • Mix cream of chicken soup with one can of water and whisk until blended.
- • Add about half of the prepared rice and half of the prepared cream of chicken soup to the shredded chicken. Mix well. The mixture should be creamy, but not too runny.
- • Stuff the chicken rice mixture into banana peppers.
- • Top with shredded cheese.
- • Bake for 25 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- • Enjoy!