Recipe by Irish Rose
An old friend gave me this recipe for wonderful stuffed peppers. I have made this countless times over the years and have always been pleased with the results. Would be great for Cinco de Mayo
Top Review by Renee Ferraz
Made some of these this weekend and they were a hit! Very easy to make and my husband took some of the leftovers and wrapped them up in flour tortillas! I used pepper jack cheese instead of the monterey jack.
- 6 -8 banana peppers
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Take 6-8 large banana peppers, slice down the middle and remove cap and seeds. Place peppers in 13x9x2 pan.
- Stuff pepper halves with refried beans.
- Cut block of cheese into thick slices and insert one slice into each pepper in middle of the beans.
- Pour one 16 oz. jar of salsa over everything.
- Cook for approximately 30-45 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve and enjoy! How easy does this get!