Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in a magazine last year and decided to try it out. We serve them with homemade spaghetti.
- Brown sausage in a skillet; drain.
- Wash each pepper.
- Cut the tops off of each pepper and set aside.
- Remove seeds, rinse, and pat dry.
- Stuff each pepper with sausage.
- Place tops on peppers and secure with toothpicks.
- Saute in hot olive oil on each side until pepper is soft.
- Drain on paper towels.
This is a wonderful recipe. I did add 1/2 lb of hamburger meat and 2 cups of colby cheese and it was delicious.
I changed the technique a bit but it ended up being the same dish, I'm sure. I cut the tops off the peppers and discarded them. I sauteed the peppers in olive oil and after they had cooled, then I stuffed them with the sausage (removed from casing and cooked). Then I just reheated them when I was ready to serve. I tried to stuff a couple and then cook them but it was difficult to turn them in the pan. I didn't know if my guests would like it or not, but they disappeared and I didn't even get to taste one! However, I'm giving this a five star rating because of all the compliments I received about them :)