2 hrs 30 mins
In response to a request. Hope you like stuffed peppers....they are yummy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 banana peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1Cut off tops of peppers, and remove stuff inside& seeds.
- 2Chop edible portions of tops; set aside.
- 3Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- 4Add peppers, reduce heat, and simmer until tender but still firm, about 5 minutes.
- 5Drain and set aside.
- 6Heat butter in a medium skillet.
- 7Saute reserved chopped pepper, onion and celery until tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 8Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and garlic.
- 9Season with basil, oregano, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 10Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- 11Preheat oven to 350F In a large mixing bowl, combine egg, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, Worcestershire sauce and Parmesan.
- 12Mix in hot sausage, mild sausage, bread crumbs and 1 cup of the tomato sauce mixture.
- 13Using a piping bag or, fill each pepper with the meat mixture.
- 14Place in a 3 quart casserole dish, and pour remaining tomato sauce mixture over peppers.
- 15Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Banana Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.1
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 2542.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 29.8 g