Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This uses about a cup of leftover, cooked rice in addition to tomatoes, garlic, oregano, Parmesan cheese, and cayenne pepper, From a 1986 sisterhood of Temple Beth Ahm called Cooking Up Something Special, This was submitted by Carol Stromeyer.
- Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise.
- Cook them in a skillet with a small amount of water until just tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain; cool; scoop out seeds.
- Saute garlic in the hot butter until golden and discard the garlic. To this butter, add the onion and saute until golden.
- Add tomato, rice, oregano, cayenne, and salt; mix well.
- Lightly sprinkle the zucchini halves with salt.
- Fill the zucchini with the mixture and top with grated cheese.
- Arrange the zucchini in a single layer in a buttered baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees F. for 15 minutes and then brown under broiler.