Recipe by Wind in the Canyon
A great low calorie/low fat recipe. I created this recipe by significantly modifying Tish's stuffed zucchini recipe (#17260) to create a much healthier version. This is a fun recipe because you can add many different ingredients and still get great results! I've added corn, prosciutto....the possibilities are endless!
Top Review by nkoprince08
These were great!! Everything seems to work well together to give these a great taste without adding a lot of fat and calories. I used a little more cheese, but other than that stuck to the recipe.
- 6 zucchini
- 1 medium tomatoes, Diced
- 1 medium onion, Diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil Zucchini for 10 minutes.
- Remove from water, cool, cut in half length wise and scoop out pulp. Chop pulp and set aside.
- Saute garlic, tomato, and onion in oil until onion is soft.
- Add breadcrumbs and pulp and continue to saute for additional 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add mixture to zucchini shells and bake on top rack of 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes on top rack, or until cheese is melted and stuffing is slightly brown.