Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A great low calorie/low fat recipe. I created this recipe by significantly modifying Tish's stuffed zucchini recipe (#17260) to create a much healthier version. This is a fun recipe because you can add many different ingredients and still get great results! I've added corn, prosciutto....the possibilities are endless!
- 6 zucchini
- 1 medium tomatoes, Diced
- 1 medium onion, Diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Boil Zucchini for 10 minutes.
- Remove from water, cool, cut in half length wise and scoop out pulp. Chop pulp and set aside.
- Saute garlic, tomato, and onion in oil until onion is soft.
- Add breadcrumbs and pulp and continue to saute for additional 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add mixture to zucchini shells and bake on top rack of 350 degree oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes on top rack, or until cheese is melted and stuffing is slightly brown.
These were great!! Everything seems to work well together to give these a great taste without adding a lot of fat and calories. I used a little more cheese, but other than that stuck to the recipe.