A delicious and savory stuffing to enhance the wonderful flavor of fresh trout. Serve with a nice side of fresh green beans and warm soda bread, makes a wonderful meal.
- Cook and stir onions and pepper in butter until tender.
- Removed from heat and add gread crumbs, parsley, lemon juice and basil.
- Rub cavities of trout with salt then stuff each with approx 1/4 cup of stuffing.
- Place fish in baking dish
- Cook uncovered in 350 degree oven until fish flakes easily. approximately 30 - 35 minutes.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley if desired.