Recipe by Thymestudio
A delicious and savory stuffing to enhance the wonderful flavor of fresh trout. Serve with a nice side of fresh green beans and warm soda bread, makes a wonderful meal.
Top Review by grampy1939
I had three trout, about 10 to 12 inchers in the freezer I caught some time ago in Iowa, so I thought I better cook up or toss. I must say the stuffing was very good! Didn't change a thing! Bigger fish may have been better, small guys are best suited to pan frying, but this is a "keeper"!
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sniped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 (8 ounce) whole trout
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and stir onions and pepper in butter until tender.
- Removed from heat and add gread crumbs, parsley, lemon juice and basil.
- Rub cavities of trout with salt then stuff each with approx 1/4 cup of stuffing.
- Place fish in baking dish
- Cook uncovered in 350 degree oven until fish flakes easily. approximately 30 - 35 minutes.
- Garnish with cherry tomatoes and parsley if desired.