Recipe by Bergy
A lovely dish for a brunch or any meal, festive looking and great tasting. If you want it lower in calories omit the cheese
Top Review by Blakey
This is a very good, low-fat recipe! My family loved it and I just emailed to a few of my friends. I only used 1/2 jalapeno and no cayenne - but that is just to my taste. Goes perfect with grilled chicken.
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup brown rice or 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer the water, onion, red pepper, jalapeno& green onions until just tender.
- Scoop out the tomatoe pulp.
- Mix the tomatoe pulp, chopped, cooked rice, parsley, soy, basil& cayenne.
- Combine rice mixture and veggies.
- Stuff the tomatoes and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Place in lightly oiled pyrex dish.
- Bake at 375f for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and the cheese is nicely browned.