Recipe by DuChick
This is very similar to how regular white baked potatoes are made, only the insides are seasoned with milk, butter and sweet brown sugar. Fluffy, creamy and oh, so good!
Top Review by Andi of Longmeadow Farm
Excellent! Loved this simple, easy, but wow with taste and ka-pow with delight! I did these exactly as written, except quartering the potato after baking. So..I made good sized "boats" and put the delicious tasting in-ards right into the boat, after mixing them and adding the rest of the ingredients. I topped with a green onion stem - and browned in the oven. Man, these flew off the plate so fast you would of thought these were peas in a freezer bag. Simply a 5 star plus recipe. YUM! Baby Pac DuChick - 2011
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Pierce sweet potatoes with fork and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 50 minutes or until tender.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350*.
- Cut lengthwise slice off top of each potato.
- Scoop out centers, leaving 1/8 inch thick shell.
- In medium bowl, mash potato pulp.
- Add milk, butter and brown sugar; beat til fluffy.
- Spoon mixture back into shells.
- Place shells in large shallow baking pan.
- Bake at 350* for 10 minutes or until heated through.